Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Birthday

Today I am 30 years old.

I can't believe it. This is surreal.

I've never cared about age before; in fact, enjoyed a bit growing older, packing all those experiences under my belt.

This is a little bit...sad? It's like the end of an era. The "kid" era...even though I feel like I'm very similar to the same person I've always been....a very child-like person, if I do say so, myself. It sounds bad, but I rather enjoy being me, alhamdulileh.

So from now on, I won't be saying I'm "20-______" anymore. Which is what I've been saying for the past 10 years.

So. Weird.


It was a beautiful day though; gray, rainy, long, slow - my kind of day. :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am 33, so I know what you are feeling... It is the end of an era!LOL But you will forget about it soon enough. DH turns 40 this year... Now I think that will be a big one for me!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Umm Layla!

    Yeah, I think 40 inshaAllah will really knock my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know piper you and samira, my babysitter, have the same birthday. she also turned 30 yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, crazy, Umm Abdu! That's so cool. Let her know I say "Qul senna wenti tayiba!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Assalamu alaykum sis,
    I hit 30 few months ago and it felt unreal!
    I feel old and my body do feel the same. But my brain won't give up...it still feel young and full of energy...just sad time's flying.
    Allah Akbar!The reality of being human.
    Love
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asalaam alaikum sis!

    Alhumduhlillah! Each year, month, day, SECOND, is a blessing to be the best Muslims that we can be. Happy birthday, and congratulations on turning thirty! I feel older than that, so inshaAllah, if I get to that age, I'll probably be like "it's about time!"

    ReplyDelete